- What are the best cameras for beginner photographers in 2020?
- 1.-Canon EOS 200D: the best DSRL for beginner photographers
- 2.-Nikon D3500: the second-best option as a DSRL for beginner photographers
- 3.-Sony A6500 or Sony A6300: the best EVIL cameras for beginner photographers
- 4.-Fujifilm X-T100: the second-best option as an EVIL camera for beginners
- 5.-Panasonic DC-TZ90EG: the best compact camera for beginner photographers
- 6.-Sony RX100 VI: the best camera for beginners to take you on a trip
- 7.-Sony Alpha A7: the best Full Frame camera for beginner photographers
- Conclusion: choosing a good camera for beginners
Interested in knowing the best cameras for beginner photographers in 2020? It is a perfect time to consider buying a new camera or rather to be given away.
What are the best cameras for beginner photographers in 2020?
If you want to start in the world of digital DSLR cameras (DSLR), EVIL cameras (CSC) or just buy a good advanced compact camera, these cameras from Nikon, Canon, Sony, Fujifilm or Panasonic are the best options.
1.-Canon EOS 200D: the best DSRL for beginner photographers
BUY AT AMAZON
Possibly the best model for beginner photographers for its ease of use, compact design, touch screen, WIFI, Bluetooth or NFC. The only downside is that you only have a Full HD video.
It is an ultra-compact digital DSLR that features a 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, DIGIC 7 processor and Dual Pixel autofocus system.
This camera has a fully articulated 3 ″ touch screen with an easy-to-use interface, 1080 / 60p video capture and has a burst speed of up to 5 fps. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi (with NFC) and Bluetooth.
2.-Nikon D3500: the second-best option as a DSRL for beginner photographers
BUY AT AMAZON
PRICE: USD 397.00$
The Nikon D3500 is Nikon’s new DSLR input camera, introduced in August 2018. It is essentially the same as the D3400, except that it now uses the same body like the Nikon D5600. It continues to use a 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor, EXPEED 4 image processor, Full HD video capture and has a very easy to use interface.
The camera has an ISO range of 100-25600, an 11-point autofocus system and can shoot continuously at 5 fps. The camera guide mode makes it easy to learn to shoot in various situations, something perfect for every beginner in the world of DSLR cameras. It does not have WiFi, but it does have Bluetooth connectivity to transfer images from the camera to a smartphone.
Nor does it have a 4K video or articulated screen.
3.-Sony A6500 or Sony A6300: the best EVIL cameras for beginner photographers
BUY AT AMAZON THE SONY A6300
Both cameras feature the same 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor, the same 425-point PDAF system, the same viewfinder, the same video resolution and the same continuous shooting speed at 11 fps.
What are the main differences between both models?
- Continuous shooting: The a6500 has a better buffer, being able to capture 300 JPEG or 107 Raw images, compared to 44 JPEG or 21 Raw images of the a6300.
- Image stabilization: The a65000 incorporates 5-axis image stabilization. The a63000 does not have this stabilization in the body: you have to buy lenses that have built-in stabilization, something quite common in Sony type E lenses.
- Touch screen: the A65000 has a touch screen. The resolution is the same. In the a6500 you can use the screen to focus on certain AF points, making the composition of the scene easier.
- Controls: The a6500 adds C1 and C2 buttons at the top and a redesign of the interface.
- Battery life: the a6300 has a better battery life (400 shots) compared to 350 shots.
- Design: The ergonomics of the a6500 have improved, but the change is not too noticeable.
You also have to consider the price: the a6300 is much cheaper, so it can be a good option to spend less money. The Sony a6500 costs more than 1000 dollars just the body.
4.-Fujifilm X-T100: the second-best option as an EVIL camera for beginners
BUY AT AMAZON
PRICE: USD 599.00$
The Fujifilm X-T100 is a mid-range DSLR-style mirrorless camera. The X-T100 has a fully articulated touch screen and an EVF OLED.
It has an attractive retro design and you will get very good pictures with it.
It has a 24MP CMOS sensor, a hybrid autofocus system with 91 phase-detection points, Fujifilm’s popular movie simulation modes and 4K / 15p video capture. It comes with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to share photos easily.
5.-Panasonic DC-TZ90EG: the best compact camera for beginner photographers
BUY AT AMAZON
PRICE: USD 429.90$
A good model with 4K recording, touch screen, EVF and a lot of extras. The image suffers somewhat at high ISO and loses detail at the end of the zoom range.
It has a touch screen, WIFI, and manual controls to learn how a real camera works.
By price, you may be more interested in the TZ70 or the TZ80 that we also continue to include in this list. The TZ70 has a very good image quality despite being a camera with a few years behind it.
The perfect camera if you just want to take better photos than with your smartphone and not carry much weight on it.
6.-Sony RX100 VI: the best camera for beginners to take you on a trip
BUY AT AMAZON
PRICE: USD 1,300.00$
A premium Sony camera perfect for traveling everywhere. It is not cheap, but it is worth it. Sony has managed to incorporate into this advanced compact camera an impressive 24-200 mm f / 2.8-f / 4.5 lens. Spectacular new zoom that has managed to put in such a small camera …
It also has a good image stabilization system such as Sony Optical SteadyShot. It has 20.1MP, a 1-inch Exmor RS CMOS sensor and an improved BIONZ X image processing system. It has a phase-detection AF with 315 points and Sony high-density tracking AF technology. The screen is tactile and is capable of shooting at 24 fps up to 233 images.
You can record 4K HDR video with HLG (Hybrid Log-Gamma). It has a high-resolution electronic viewfinder of 2.35 million points and a screen that can rotate 180 degrees up and 90 degrees down.
In case you don’t want to spend so much money, it is possible that the RX100 IV is more than enough for you.
7.-Sony Alpha A7: the best Full Frame camera for beginner photographers
BUY AT AMAZON
PRICE: USD 941.00$
- Resistant and compact, ideal for professional use.
- 24.3 MP Exmor CMOS sensor, BIONZ X processor and fast hybrid autofocus
- Enhanced Hybrid Auto Focus
It has a Full Frame sensor, one with 24.3 MP resolution and no low pass optical filter. It uses the BIONZ X processor. It has a viewfinder, articulated screen (non-touch the A7) and WIFI + NFC. The image quality they provide is really good.
We recommend it because it is one of the cheapest Full Frame cameras today, and it is also very worthwhile.
This model is already a few years old, but the image quality remains unmatched. If you want newer models, you will have to pay the price, something that is not worth it when you start with one of these cameras.
Conclusion: choosing a good camera for beginners
There is no better time to be a photography fan. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Panasonic or Fujifilm offer us very good options at reasonable prices.
Do you have a lot to lose if you choose the cheapest option of Nikon over the other models? Not at all. It is a very good option that will allow you to take very good photos, which in the end is the important thing.
Of course. If you want to save some money in the future (you will not want to change the camera afterward), the Canon option is the most successful in terms of DSRL models.
And if you want to move into the world of CSC cameras, the best option is Sony. Its range of lenses for these cameras is increasing. Perfect for recording 4K video.